To function properly ALL of the following requirements must be met:
(1) Each Nimb device must be paired with a qualifying smartphone (Bluetooth® 4.0 or later and iOS 7 or later or Android 4.0 or later). There is a 1:1 phone to Nimb device relationship, meaning you can’t pair more than one Nimb device to a single phone, or a single Nimb device to multiple phones.
(2) The Nimb user must download the Nimb application and fully complete the account setup process on the qualifying smartphone.
(3) The qualifying smartphone must be running the Nimb application at the time an alert is sent by the paired Nimb device, and the application must not be disabled or “killed.”
(4) The qualifying smartphone must have GPS enabled in order to use the “active GPS” functionality of alerts. Nimb’s location services are only as accurate as your phone’s GPS capabilities.
(5) Nimb must be paired by Bluetooth® with a smart phone or tablet to be able to send alerts. The paired Nimb device must be within Bluetooth® range of the qualifying smartphone.
(6) The qualifying smartphone must have a data plan and be within a coverage area provided by the user’s qualifying smartphone carrier. Coverage is defined as having a true internet connection (cellular or Wi-Fi.)
(7) Cellular or Wi-Fi data and Bluetooth services must be enabled for the qualifying smartphone AND for the Nimb application (for example purposes only, not in airplane mode or otherwise disabled, and all permissions must be granted to the Nimb application).
(8) The Nimb device user must have set up at least one contact for alert purposes as part of the Nimb application setup process.
(9) The contacts entered in the application must accept the Nimb device user’s invitation to receive alerts. Nimb users & alert contacts should discuss the actions that contacts should take in the event an alert is received.
(10) The Nimb device user must be a subscriber to the Nimb monitoring services.
PLEASE NOTE: Neither 911 nor any other emergency service should be listed as one of the Nimb device user’s contacts for alert purposes of any kind.
ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE OPERATING REQUIREMENTS MAY BE UPDATED, MODIFIED OR OTHERWISE CHANGED FROM TIME TO TIME SO YOU ARE ADVISED TO REVIEW THESE REQUIREMENTS PERIODICALLY.
Issued June 20, 2016; updated November 16, 2018 (and subject to further change)